Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Ghost Dance

Strange to see an ancient American tribal rite being performed on the streets of Glasgow; the ancient, and historically very American, fascination with the eugenic disposal of the poor.
I have to say that Mrs. Wilson, the victim of the extremely bizarre incident at the hands of Project Prevention, reacted with remarkable aplomb. I am not sure I would have shown such equanimity. Quite just what Project Prevention thinks it is doing is anyone's guess. Its members' collective arrogance seems to be astonishing.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr Eugenides said...

Is it just me, or does the founder of Project Prevention look startlingly similar to the unfortunate Mrs Wilson?

Perhaps she is, laudably, trying to reduce the number of women in the world who are as aesthetically afflicted as she is herself.

23 May, 2010 16:39  
Blogger Martin said...

Mr. E., I can't see it myself. My own immediate reaction to the American lady was, I must admit, a rather ungallant one - that she resembled the character of Morn from 'Deep Space Nine'.

24 May, 2010 08:14  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home