Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gone Writing

I will be taking a sabbatical from blogging, of indeterminate length, in order to concentrate on finishing my book.
OK, OK, OK, I'll admit that to have said 'starting my book' would probably have been more accurate. I've been at it for a year, and have just about the title sorted out. However, I did promise myself that I would give it a go, and now's as good a time as any. Let us hope that I can do it, that someone will want to publish it, and that the public will then want to buy it.
I shall hopefully see you all at some point in 2011. Until then, play nice.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Paulinus said...

Good on you Martin. Every good wish for you and yours in 2011. Hope you are back sooner rather than later.

God bless.

31 December, 2010 09:58  
Blogger Tim Worstall said...

Good luck with it.

From recent experience, (well, what worked for me) was to simply have at it, get as much down as fast as possible, then revise.

Don't attempt to get a sentence or para perfect then move on, just get it all down and then perfect.

31 December, 2010 14:05  
Blogger Martin said...

Thanks, gents

31 December, 2010 22:45  
Blogger PJMULVEY said...

Martin....good luck and belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year....hope the little lad is doing well.....All the best, Patrick

02 January, 2011 07:51  
Blogger David Lindsay said...

Good luck.

02 January, 2011 19:39  
Blogger Martin Meenagh said...

Happy New Year, and Good Luck!

03 January, 2011 13:03  
Blogger Martin said...

Dear David, Patrick and Martin,

Thank you all very much, my brothers.

03 January, 2011 21:44  
Blogger berenike said...

A thriller? A Dickensian campaigning novel? A bodis riper?

05 January, 2011 11:04  
Blogger Martin said...

A memoir.

05 January, 2011 21:33  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home